Asshole of the Day, November 20, 2013: Trey Radel
There’s a lot of hypocrisy in politics, but you don’t often see someone vote against the very thing they are doing privately. One prominent example is Rep. Scott DesJarlais, who was a big anti-abortion guy, except it turns out he pushed his mistress into having an abortion to save his own reputation and marriage.
But now there’s a new case— Rep. Trey Radel:
In September, Rep. Trey Radel voted for Republican legislation that would allow states to make food stamp recipients pee in cups to prove they’re not on drugs. In October, police busted the Florida Republican on a charge of cocaine possession.
And this asshole is also so stupid that he got caught because he invited someone over to do coke with him and the guy turned out to be a cop.
Also we should point out that in Florida where drug testing welfare recipients was rolled out, it didn’t do much except for making the state buy a lot of clean pee. (Read more at Mother Jones: http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2011/08/florida-welfare-drug-test-costs)
He’s against letting poor people get government benefits if they are taking drugs, so it’s a real shame that he’ll continue to receive his government benefits after being caught doing drugs. And since a judge has given him probation instead of jail time, let’s just hope voters judge this asshole more severely come 2014.
It is Rep. Radel’s first time as Asshole of the Day, but several others have won for hypocrisy:
- Mitch McConnell opposes judicial filibusters when he’s in the majority, but not when he’s in the minority
- Sean Hannity is opposed to NSA surveillance when Obama is president, but thinks it’s great when Bush was president
- Sarah Palin thinks it’s a scandal when Obama has someone hold an umbrella for him, but not when someone holds one for her
"If you are planning to shop this Thanksgiving. Just. No !" /via Carol
i went into a whole foods and got to hear a woman arguing with a guy at the meat counter because she wanted grass fed organic chicken and he was desperately trying to explain to her that chickens don’t eat grass
1. Stop faking your fucking orgasms. Society already tells young men that they run the fucking universe - if they can’t turn your cunt into a shooting star then for god’s sake, let them know about it.
2. Once you’ve stopped faking your fucking orgasms, use this newfound honesty throughout the rest of your life - stop ordering coffee you don’t actually like; stop sitting at a desk and allowing people to treat you like shit in the hopes that a meek attitude will earn you a promotion (it won’t); stop telling people they can finish your food when you’re not actually done yet. These may seem petty, but they add up, just like every orgasm you didn’t actually get to have.
3. If you wanna dance all night, dance all fucking night. Dance all night even if you have work in the morning. The worst that will happen is you’ll drink RedBull all day and look like a zombie - pass it off as a head cold to the real zombies you work with and flick through the embarrassing photos you’re being tagged in as you pretend to take a shit for some peace and quiet. I promise, you’ll remember dancing all night in ten years, not the suspicious way your boss looked at you that morning.
4. If your ass looks big in that, that’s a good thing.
5. You will never be as young as you are this second. Embrace it.
6. Embrace the fact that you’re going to get older. Ask your boyfriend if he will still love you when you’re seventy and your tits are down to your knees. Look forward to this time - seventy year old women are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want, and no-one can stop them. You can carry candy in your bag and not share it with a single soul. You can stay home all day and cross-stitch expletives onto handkerchiefs for your grandchildren and slip them under the table out of sight of the people you raised. You can drink whisky at 10am. Every phase of your life is going to be amazing for different reasons. Embrace that.
7. A lot of people will pretend to love Bukowski. Don’t pretend to love Bukowski if you don’t love Bukowski. It’s overplayed and no-one will mind if you actually like Virginia Andrews instead - the people who do mind are boring.
|—||Some more little life lessons, by Daisy Lola. (via spearmintblonde)|
Winona Ryder may be joining the cast of Beetlejuice 2, the sequel to Tim Burton’s 1988 horror-comedy. “I’m kind of sworn to secrecy,” Ryder said. “But it sounds like it might be happening.”
That is not a cat, that is a Disney villain.
On the morning of George Zimmerman’s acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murder earlier this year, with the mainstream media raising the specter of riots, blogger Jay Smooth made a prediction: ‘The fundamental danger of an acquittal is not more riots, it is more George Zimmermans.’
There were no riots. There have been more George Zimmermans.